Today I made Challah bread. It is a traditional Jewish bread. It tastes pretty good. Jake and RD enjoyed it! I think that if i make it again, I will add a little more sugar since I like my bread kind of sweet. Here is the recipe.
4 1/2 tsp yeast
1 Cup warm water (110 -115 degrees)
1/2 Cup oil
1/3 Cup sugar
1 Tablespoon salt
4 eggs
6-6 1/2 cups flour
TOPPING:
1 egg
1 tsp cold water
- In large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the oil, sugar, salt, eggs and 4 cups flour;beat until smooth. Stir in remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Place in a greased bowl and cover. Let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and divide in half. Cut each half into thirds. Shape each piece into a 15 inch rope and braid together. Repeat with remaining dough. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Beat eggs and cold water, brush over braids. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
1 comment:
looks good!
Post a Comment